1. How do I do my finances?
- In many states, state aid will cover the majority of your expenses.
- Make sure to apply for school scholarships and state financial aid.
- Your scholarships will usually pay your tuition, books, food, fees, and room.
- They money goes directly to the college.
- If there is money left over, you will get a check.
- Use this money wisely.
2. How can I get a job? How can I get paid?
- As an undocumented student, you can now apply for the Federal Deferred Action. Once you get your SSN number, you can get a driver’s license and apply for jobs.
- Universities and other employers can now hire you. Be strong in applying once you get your federal approval.
- Establish a relationship with someone you know that owns his or her own business. As you get to know them let them know your struggles and your need.
- Ask the people in the financial aid office or diversity office. They will connect you with people who can hire you.
3. Where do I meet students like me?
- Lots of colleges have organizations for undocumented students.
- Join ethnic and cultural organizations
- Become a member of student government
- Become a dorm rep
- Start doing community service.