As you transition from high school to college, there are many things you can do to make sure you have a good first year. This readiness can begin during the summer.
So read the advice on the following pages about
- Finding a summer bridge program
- Choosing the right classes
- Developing a good class and study schedule
- Getting involved on campus
- Using office hours and getting academic help
- Making friends
- Living well with roommates
- Staying close to family
Read the advice from college freshmen and get more ideas about transitioning the best you can into your freshman year.