1) What if I’m taking A-G classes and I have a bad 9th or 10th grade schedule?
- Make sure you are taking English, Math, Foreign Language, History, and Social Studies starting in 9th grade.
- Speak to your counselor and ask for a new schedule.
- Find a sympathetic teacher.
- Contact us.
2) What if I’ve run out of classes at my high school?
- Find a way to continue at a local community college.
- Find a parallel path.
i. Start a new language
ii. Take electives-such as Psychology or Anatomy
3) What if I don’t like my teacher, my classes and I am getting low grades?
- Remember, colleges don’t see problems with teachers. They just see your transcript, so get a tutor, seek help from the teacher.
- Try to switch to another section.
- Do not give up. Push yourself.
4) What if I am not in a college prep academy?
- Go talk to your counselor to add the right classes.
- PE doesn’t count for college admissions.
- Use your summers to take the additional classes.
- Use community colleges
5) What if I don’t take school seriously in 9th or 10th grade?
- It’s never too late.
- Colleges look for upward progress
- Retake classes you got Ds in.
- Use the summers to advance.
- If it’s too late, community colleges are a great possibility.
6) What if my first language isn’t English and I’m having trouble with my English classes?
- Remember, the more you read and write the better.
- Find an English teacher at your school who will tutor you.
- Find a tutoring center in your neighborhood.
- Read, read, read books that you like and that push you.
- Take acting or debate classes. They help with speaking and confidence.