For Undocumented Students

If you’re undocumented, do not despair. You can go to college. You may have to be creative about paying for it, but there are options. The state of CA and many other states now have the Dream Act which helps you with state aid and public school scholarships. The federal government has deferred action which helps you work and potentially get work as lawyers, teachers, and doctors. Many private colleges cover all of your costs.

The following pages provide targeted advice:

Part I: Paying for Tests and Applications and Preparing Strong Applications

Part II: Applying for Financial Aid and Scholarships  

Part III: Deciding Where to Go and How to Pay

Part IV: Getting Off to A Good Financial Start Freshman Year

Part V: 2016 College Policies Towards Undocumented Students