University of California 2014 Admission Release Dates
A few UC campuses have started sending out freshman admission decisions on a rolling basis, with other campuses soon to follow. Below is a list of admissions decision release dates, by campus, for both freshmen and transfers. Please note that these dates may be subject to change:
All campuses, except Merced, will use waitlists for their freshman pools. Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego will have a transfer waitlist for select majors.
What students need to know:
- They might receive waitlist offers from more than one campus. Students can be on more than one waitlist, but they will only be allowed to accept one offer of admission.
- Once offered a spot on a waitlist, students must opt in by the stated deadline. Instructions for doing so will be included with the waitlist notification.
- Freshman applicants:
- Waitlist offers will be made by the end of March.
- The waitlist opt-in deadline is April 15 (for all participating campuses).
- Waitlist notification status will be made no later than June 1.
- Waitlist offers will be made by the end of April.
- The waitlist opt-in deadline is May 15 (for the participating campuses: Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Diego)
· Waitlist notification status will be made no later than July 1.
- Even if they accept a waitlist offer at a UC campus, students should submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to ensure they have a place to attend in the fall. If they later accept an offer of admission from a UC campus where they have been waitlisted, they will forfeit their deposit at the first campus and must submit an additional SIR and enrollment deposit to the “new” campus.
- Most campuses will not have financial aid award packages available when a waitlist offer is made. However, financial aid awards will be made available in accordance with campus policies and procedures provided that the applicant has submitted the FASFA or California Dream Act application by the deadline.
- SIRs of waitlisted students will be considered on time for purposes of housing and orientation, provided they are submitted by the deadline stated in the offer of admission.
- California resident applicants who are guaranteed admission through ELC or the statewide admission index, and don’t receive an admission offer from any campus to which they applied, will be in the referral pool even if they are on the waitlist at another campus.
- Campuses will still consider appeals received by the deadlines specified below. Applicants who feel they have grounds for an appeal should submit one, but they should keep in mind that the purpose of the appeal process is to address compelling new information or correct a possible oversight in the initial review. Students cannot appeal for a spot on the waitlist.
- Freshman appeal deadline: April 15 (March 28 for Santa Cruz)
- Transfer appeal deadline: May 15 (before May 9 for Santa Cruz)